Role: Deputy Editor – Agency
Closing Date: 10/07/2020
Type: (Full-time, Permanent)
About Network N
Network N is a global media business specialising in the gaming industry. We have a publishing arm consisting of a dozen owned websites including PCGamesN.com, and over 100 network site partners such as TrueAchievements.com. We produce class-leading content for clients via our creative agency team, and work with publishers and advertisers to unlock audience value. The company is based in Bath, UK.
Network N is looking for a talented Deputy Editor to ensure that every piece of content that flows through our creative agency conforms to the highest standards of quality.
You’ll need to be a fast, accurate copy editor who is able to handle a large quantity of incoming words, across a variety of formats, and make them the best they can be.
You’ll have sufficient gaming expertise to allow you to deal with articles covering the latest blockbusters, retro oddities, and everything in between, and you’ll recognise a misused piece of MOBA terminology when you see one.
You’ll be writing and editing content for a range of clients, including game developers, publishers, and retailers. Each client has different requirements, so it’s a varied role in which you can expect to work across content for web publication, social media, and video. As such, an understanding of online publishing, social media, and SEO would be advantageous. You’ll also need to be able to tailor copy to match the tone of voice of the relevant client.
But primarily you’ll need to be a great writer and diligent editor, with a deep reserve of gaming knowledge. The team is based in our offices in Bath, UK, but we’d be open to a remote-working arrangement for the right candidate. All applicants must be able to work UK hours (9:30am to 5:30pm GMT and BST)
- 28 days holiday
- Auto-enrolment pension
- Competitive salary
- Profit share scheme for all
- EMI scheme (after one year of service)
- Perkbox subscription (with a raft of amazing discounts and free stuff)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff social events, including Christmas & summer parties
- Editing incoming copy, both internal and freelance, for publication.
- Ensuring that all published work adheres to the correct tone, is accurate, and is as good as it can possibly be.
- Sending out freelance commission documentation and accepting/chasing incoming submissions.
- Providing feedback to our in-house writers to ensure standards are being maintained or improved.
- Contributing creative ideas for client content.
- Liaising with PRs and developers to improve our gaming coverage.
- Writing your own features, video scripts, and social media posts.
- Leading the team in the planning and execution of coverage for industry events.
Required skills and experience
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills.
- The ability to work quickly and accurately, and manage multiple ongoing tasks and projects.
- Interpersonal skills to help develop writers and provide constructive feedback.
- An in-depth knowledge of and interest in gaming.
Desirable skills and experience
- 1+ years in a senior editorial role for a major media publication (online or print), ideally in gaming.
- Familiarity with commissioning freelance work.
- Knowledge of social media.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and the ability to optimise copy for search.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: ‘Deputy Editor – Agency’.