Closing Date: August 7th 2020
Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30K – £35K depending on experience
About Network N
Network N is a global media business specializing in the gaming industry. We have a publishing arm consisting of a dozen owned websites including PCGamesN.com, and over 120 network site partners such as TrueAchievements.com. We produce class-leading content for clients via our creative agency team, and work with publishers and advertisers to unlock audience value. The company is based in Bath, UK.
Working at Network N
We’re a young, fun company offering a relaxed working environment in central Bath.
Other perks include:
- 28 days holiday
- Auto-enrolment pension
- Competitive salary
- Profit share scheme for all
- EMI scheme (after one year of service)
- Perkbox subscription
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff social events, including Christmas & summer parties
Network N are looking for a Full Stack Developer to join their rapidly expanding games media business based in Bath – a short 15 minute walk from Bath Spa train station.
It is an exciting time within our growing product development team and we are looking for an enthusiastic individual to take advantage of joining a rapidly expanding and industry-wide respected company in the games industry. We are a Publisher and a Network of gaming related websites who work closely with games companies such as Epic, Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo.
Your main responsibility will be to work as part of an agile team to build and launch new in-house products, integrate third party advertising technology from Google, Amazon and Oracle, and to automate existing processes to meet growing demand. Good organisational skills are a must, as you will be expected to handle your own tasks, communicate changes and meet internal deadlines. As the company grows, your role may evolve to take on other programming languages to achieve company goals.
Please note that although Network N has offices in Bath remote working will be required, at least in the short to medium term. We would also consider remote candidates for the role (based in the UK). Equipment such as a Macbook Pro will be provided.
- Develop and deploy advertising technology
- Evolving our in-house tools to improve our daily workflow
- Planning and developing new code solutions for any challenges that arise
- Combining new advertising products into our existing stack to help clients increase their monetisation
- Documenting and refactoring code when necessary.
Must have skills and experience in:
- PHP and MySQL
- Excellent understanding of front-end and back-end technologies, and able to develop to a high standard
- Comfortable with using terminal commands.
And it would be nice if you also have skills and experience in:
- Laravel 5.x (or any other PHP frameworks)
- Server management – specifically LEMP (NGINX)
- Webpack/Gulp (compilers)
- Knowledge of WordPress theming/plugin development
- Development within a Mac environment
- Proven commercial experience of web-based development
- Experience with team-based development/using GIT
- Familiar with project management software such as Asana, Trello, Jira or similar
- Any previous knowledge or experience of any commercial ad technology solutions.
Great, we look forward to reading your application! Make sure you include:
- Your CV
- A cover letter. We weigh cover letters heavily, so you can (and should) write more, but we won’t evaluate applicants that don’t answer these two questions:
- Why are you interested in working at Network N?
- What development project are you most proud of? It can be a personal project, an individual project at work or a team effort. It can be anything, big or small, front-end or back-end, we want to know what drives you.
We know it is a time commitment to prepare an application and we respect that effort by thoughtfully reviewing every complete application and responding one way or the other. But that kind of thoughtful review means that it sometimes takes us a while to get back to applicants, so please be patient with us.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE