Role: Ecommerce Editor – Network N
Location: Bath, UK / Remote
Application deadline: 9 July 2020
Network N is looking for a dedicated ecommerce editor to work across its owned websites, with a primary focus on PCGamesN. We’re looking for a commercially-minded journalist to help us refine and optimise our ecommerce strategy, creating content and working with our on-site technology to provide the best buying advice and experience for our audiences.
You’ll work with the editorial teams across all our owned brands to write, commission and optimise buying guides, create deals posts, and update content to give our readers the most relevant information. You’ll create and drive our strategies around notable shopping days in the calendar, and help us develop and best utilise our price comparison tools.
This job requires previous ecommerce experience, and you’ll need to have a strong knowledge of both gaming and hardware. You’ll also be well-versed in SEO, and able to write engaging copy that’s consistent with the tone of voice of our brands.
Please note that this role is open to remote candidates. All applicants must be able to work UK hours (9:30am to 5:30pm GMT/BST).
- 28 days holiday
- Auto-enrolment pension
- Competitive salary
- Profit share scheme for all
- EMI scheme (after one year of service)
- Perkbox subscription (with a raft of amazing discounts and free stuff)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff social events, including Christmas & summer parties
- Content creation, including buyer’s guides, deal posts, list features, and more
- Optimising existing content for ecommerce purposes
- Working with the wider editorial teams to devise, plan, and publish content that aligns with our overall strategy
- Updating and improving our on-site shopping technology in conjunction with our development team
- Planning and executing strategies for notable shopping events
Required skills and experience:
- Previous ecommerce experience working on a gaming/technology or related website
- Excellent writing skills
- An interest PC gaming and hardware
- A good knowledge of SEO and discoverability best practises
- The ability to analyse and interpret data, and optimise accordingly
- CMS proficiency
- Strong teamwork skills and work ethic, and a positive mentality
This is not an entry-level position; previous experience in a similar role is required. We need someone who can write well, create compelling content, and who understands ecommerce best practises. You should be familiar with online shopping technology, and have experience of affiliate programmes. In order to be great in this role, you’ll also need to know about and be interested in the subject matter, including both games and hardware.
If this all sounds like you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Attach your CV, but be sure to use your covering email to explain why you’re well-suited to this role and what you’d bring to it.