Role: Editor – Pocket Tactics
Location: Bath, UK
Application deadline: Jan 8, 2020
Network N is looking for an Editor to oversee the relaunch and subsequent running of its mobile gaming website, Pocket Tactics.
First launched in 2012 and acquired by Network N nearly two years ago, 2020 is going to be a big year for the site, and we’re looking for someone brilliant to oversee it.
Already an established destination for news and reviews, we want Pocket Tactics to become the number one place to go for guide content for the biggest and best games on mobile. From premium titles in established franchises to free-to-play hits, to whatever colourful craze comes next, if it’s popular on mobile then we want to help people get more out of it.
We’re redesigning the site from the ground up, and investing in a team to help grow it (we’re also looking for a Staff Writer, if that’s more your speed). If you love mobile games and you’ve got previous experience running a website (ideally gaming-related), or working as a deputy or section editor, then we’d like to hear from you.
This is a great chance for someone to help shape and guide the site as it enters a new era. As Editor you’ll work in our Bath office alongside our other editorial teams, with a small in-house staff plus a freelance budget to oversee. You’ll manage all elements of the site, including content creation and planning, commissioning, editing, and everything else required to make it (even more) brilliant and help it grow.
- Content creation, including writing, sub-editing, and commissioning
- Content planning: overseeing all editorial output, and deciding what the site should cover and when
- Managing an in-house editorial team plus a pool of freelancers
- Helping to develop and deliver on the editorial strategy for the brand
- Identifying and implementing growth strategies for the website
- Ensuring all output meets Network N’s high editorial standards, and is delivered on-time and on-budget
- Attendance at events, trade shows, etc.
Required skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a senior role on a gaming or entertainment website
- Experience managing staff members
- Exceptional knowledge of and a passion for mobile gaming
- Ability to identify and capitalise on emerging trends
- Excellent writing and copy editing skills
- Proactivity and a strong work ethic
- SEO knowledge
If you’re interested and tick the above boxes, please send an email to email@example.com. We’d like to see your CV, but we’re more interested in why this role appeals and what you think you could bring to it.
Please also note that this role is based in our offices in Bath, unfortunately remote working is not possible.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE