Role: Hardware Editor
Location: Bath, UK
Closing Date: 6 March 2020
Type: Full-time, Permanent
About Network N
Network N is a global media business specializing in the gaming industry. We have a publishing arm consisting of a dozen owned websites including PCGamesN.com, and over 100 network site partners such as TrueAchievements.com. We produce class-leading content for clients via our creative agency team, and work with publishers and advertisers to unlock audience value. The company is based in Bath, UK.
Working at Network N
We’re a young, fun company offering a relaxed working environment in central Bath.
Other perks include:
- 28 days holiday
- Auto-enrolment pension
- Competitive salary
- Profit share scheme for all
- EMI scheme (after one year of service)
- Perkbox subscription (with a raft of amazing discounts and free stuff)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff social events, including Christmas & summer parties
- Free breakfast every day
- Unlimited good coffee, tea, and soft drinks
PCGamesN is looking for a full-time Hardware Editor to manage the techie side of the site. And we don’t mean tech support, we mean our sparkling hardware channel… though that might not stop people asking you for help.
We’re looking for an experienced editor with a passion for PC gaming and the tech that powers it. You’ll need to back up that passion with the ability to forge concise and informative content across a breadth of PC gaming hardware topics. You’ll be required to test, benchmark, and push the latest tech to its limits, write accurate reviews and interesting, on-topic features based on your findings. You’ll definitely break things, but we wouldn’t expect any less.
As editor of our dedicated hardware channel, we’ll also expect you to develop and deliver a department strategy that will ensure PCGamesN’s tech coverage is the best around.
A deep understanding of online publishing and SEO best practises is required, as well as an analytical mind, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to manage your time and your team’s.
- Overseeing PCGamesN’s hardware channel
- Selecting and creating engaging hardware news coverage
- Writing, commissioning, and working with the team to create reviews and features
- Organising and attending industry events, representing PCGamesN
- Building and maintaining industry relationships
- Working closely with other teams to coordinate coverage
- Developing and supporting other members of staff
- Scripting, producing, and starring in weekly hardware videos
- Playing with new toys every single day
Required skills and experience
- The ability to write engaging, informative copy
- Excellent communication
- Superb attention to detail and organisation
- The ability to cope with multiple deadlines and a fast-moving workload
- Extensive knowledge of PC hardware and industry players
- CMS experience
- Proficiency in G Suite
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience in a similar role
- SEO knowledge
- On-camera experience
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also note that this role is based in our offices in Bath.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE