Position: Junior Web Developer
Reporting To: Head of Publishing Development
Closing Date: 31/7/2020
Type: Full-time, Permanent
Network N is a fast-growing media business focusing on gamers, gear and esports, and has an exciting opportunity available for a junior web developer to join our existing publishing development team.
You will be maintaining our existing portfolio of websites including PCGamesN, Pocket Tactics and The Loadout, as well as creating new websites mostly, but not exclusively, on the WordPress platform.
Most importantly, you should have a drive to learn – this is a fantastic opportunity for you to build your skills and experience as you grow with an expanding team.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Create new websites to a given specification
- Fix existing bugs you are tasked with
- Adding features to current websites
- Write well structured and clean code
- Develop new plugins and themes for WordPress
- Use Git (and Capistrano) to deploy code to live servers
- Work within Network N’s policies and procedures
- Keep up to date with modern web technologies
- Perform any training required by your manager
Qualifications / Skills / Requirements
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Able to thrive and adapt in a high speed environment
- Good organisational skills
Beneficial skills / experience
- WordPress development, both theming and plugins
- Git or similar version control
- Webpack, Gulp, Node.js
What we can offer you
- 28 days annual holiday
- Competitive salary
- Profit share & EMI Scheme (after 1 year)
- Perkbox subscription (discounts in many retail shops as well as other benefits)
- Staff social events
Please note that although Network N has offices in Bath remote working will be required, at least in the short term, and we would also consider remote candidates for the role. All applicants must be able to work UK hours (9:30am to 5:30pm GMT and BST)
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.
If you have sites you have worked on we’d love to see them!