Role: News Editor, PCGamesN
Location: Bath, UK
Application deadline: 20 September 2019
We’re hiring! PCGamesN is looking for a full-time News Editor
Are you a news hound with a passion for routing out the biggest PC gaming stories? Are you good at packaging stories and writing engaging headlines? Would you like to help us set the news agenda for all things PC gaming? If the answer to all of the above is yes, you might like to know that we’re expanding our talented team.
You’ll be a full-time member of PCGamesN, working from our idyllic courtyard office in Bath (this position is /not/ available remotely). You’ll be an exceptional writer, ideally with some experience of managing a news team or department. You’ll be able to write lively, authoritative copy about the latest triple-A games, old-school classics, the occasional niche PC gem, and the business dealings and communities behind it all.
You’ll be equally hungry to cover daily ‘reactive’ news as you are to break original stories, or dive deeper into developing ones. You’ll be comfortable chasing leads and following up for comment, and will be willing to work occasional exceptional hours to cover major events, such as E3.
Reporting to the editor and deputy editor, you’ll work with a highly motivated, dedicated team to ensure that PCGamesN’s news coverage is the best that it can be.
- Searching for day-to-day news about games new and old
- News writing and story idea generation; updating key news assets
- Overseeing the output of the other members of the news team
- Building and maintaining relationships with PRs, developers, publishers, etc
- Developing awareness of SEO best practices in order to maintain and improve the standard of news coverage on the site and increase traffic
- Planning news coverage for events such as E3 etc, attending as required
- Occasional review, preview, guide, op-ed, feature, and video work
- Other occasional press trips, including internationally
- Other as requested by the Editor or Publishing Director
Required skills and experience:
- Exceptional organisational and planning skills
- The ability to write brilliantly, quickly, and to task across a range of disciplines
- A keen interest in PC videogames and a good knowledge of them
- Experience writing news or features regularly, preferably online
- Proficiency with gdocs, email, and other work tools
- Proactivity and meticulous attention to detail
Desirable skills and experience:
- Management experience
- Previous work at major magazines or websites
- CMS experience
To apply please submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 20 September 2019
NO AGENCIES PLEASE