Role: Senior Developer – Publishing Development
Closing Date: 31/7/2020
Type: Full-time, Permanent
About Network N
Network N is a global media business specializing in the gaming industry. We have a publishing arm consisting of a dozen owned websites including PCGamesN.com, and over 100 network site partners such as TrueAchievements.com. We produce class-leading content for clients via our creative agency team, and work with publishers and advertisers to unlock audience value. The company is based in Bath, UK.
Working at Network N
We’re a young, fun company offering a relaxed working environment in central Bath.
Other perks include:
- 28 days holiday
- Auto-enrolment pension
- Competitive salary
- Profit share scheme for all
- EMI scheme (after one year of service)
- Perkbox subscription (with a raft of amazing discounts and free stuff)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff social events
Network N is looking for an experienced web developer to join its publishing development team.
You will be a senior member of a team of developers responsible for maintaining our existing portfolio of websites including PCGamesN and The Loadout, and the creation of new websites mostly, but not exclusively, on the WordPress platform
You will be responsible for mentoring and training junior developers while performing your regular duties, producing technical documentation, meeting with stakeholders and working with your line manager to provide estimates, and identify risks and threats to projects with recommendations for mitigation.
You should be enthusiastic about driving excellence in the work that we produce. Our aim is to create the best, fastest web properties in order to deliver our world-class editorial content to a wide readership. We need you to be a great communicator as part of our team, and when working with other teams within Network N. We’re looking for you to make us even better than we are today.
Please note that although Network N has offices in Bath remote working will be required, at least in the short term, and we would also consider remote candidates for the role. All applicants must be able to work UK hours (9:30am to 5:30pm GMT and BST)
This is a permanent, full time role.
- Creating new websites to expand our portfolio
- Maintaining and improving our existing websites
- Writing well-structured, commented, and clean code
- Developing new plugins and themes for WordPress
- Keeping up to date with modern web technologies
- Giving guidance and instruction to other developers and junior developers
- Maintaining documentation for systems and processes
- Server and domain administration
- Being on-call for critical site issues
Required skills and experience
- Excellent knowledge of the WordPress platform including theming and plugin creation.
- Git, Bash, deployment tools (Capistrano), Node/NPM
- Working with Third Party APIs
- Server administration, server issue resolution and monitoring
- High traffic website experience, server optimisation and caching
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Able to thrive and adapt in a high speed environment
- Ability to organise your work and tasks
- Experience with task management and planning tools such as Asana, Trello, JIRA or similar
- Creating distributed systems.
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Google AMP
- Experience of using Cloudflare
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.
Additionally it would be advantageous to include links to sites you have worked on and what aspects you were responsible for, and Github or similar if available.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE