We’re hiring! PCGamesN is looking for a full-time staff writer for our hardware channel
We’re looking for a talented writer who’s passionate about covering PC hardware
Job Title – Staff Writer, Hardware – PCGamesN
Location – Bath, UK
Closing Date – 30 November 2019
PCGamesN is looking for a full-time staff writer to assist with the day-to-day running of the techie side of the site. And we don’t mean tech support, we mean our sparkling hardware channel… though that might not stop people asking you for help.
This is an entry-level role, but we’re looking for someone with a passion for PC gaming and some interest and knowledge about the tech that powers it. You’ll need to back up that passion with the ability to write clearly and concisely. You’ll be required to test, benchmark, and push the latest tech to its limits, write accurate reviews and interesting, informative features based on your findings. You’ll definitely break things, but that’s okay. As part of our dedicated team we’ll help grow your hardware knowledge so you can find the most relevant industry happenings to react quickly and write engaging news content too.
You’ll have some understanding of online publishing and SEO best practises, as well as an analytical mind, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to work to deadlines. Working in the hardware team, you will help ensure PCGamesN’s tech coverage is the best around.
In addition to being an entertaining, accessible, and informative writer, you will also need to be comfortable appearing on camera in our hardware videos too. Don’t worry, it’s not as scary as it might sound.
- Testing the latest PC gaming hardware accurately and reliable
- Writing review and feature-based content using our standard testing methodology
- Scripting and presenting video content
- Selecting and creating engaging hardware news coverage
- Attending industry events, representing PCGamesN
- Interviewing industry figures
- Building and maintaining industry relationship
- Playing with new toys every single day
Required skills and experience
- Excellent writing ability
- An interest in PC gaming hardware
- Excellent attention to detail and organisation
- The ability to cope with multiple deadlines and a fast-moving workload
- Hands-on experience of getting inside a PC
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience in a similar role
- CMS familiarity
- On-camera experience
To apply please send your CV and covering letter, detailing why you want to work at PCGamesN and what you think makes you the ideal candidate, to email@example.com