Role: Staff Writer – Pocket Tactics
Location: Bath, UK
Application deadline: Jan 8, 2020
Network N is hiring for a Staff Writer as the company looks to relaunch and grow its mobile gaming website, Pocket Tactics.
First launched in 2012 and acquired by Network N nearly two years ago, 2020 is going to be a big year for the site, and we’re putting together an expanded editorial team to take it into a new era.
Already an established destination for news and reviews, we want Pocket Tactics to become the number one place to go for guide content for the biggest and best games on mobile. From premium titles in established franchises to free-to-play hits, and whatever colourful craze comes next, if it’s popular on mobile then we want to help people get more out of it. (We’re also looking for an Editor, for any more experienced candidates out there.)
As Staff Writer your primary job will be content creation. You’ll be turning out excellent, accurate copy to tight deadlines, with a focus on guides for the biggest mobile games across both iOS and Android, as well as reviews and news stories.
You’ll have a keen interest in mobile gaming and be able to convey that in concise and entertaining copy. You’ll work with the site’s Editor to plan and deliver on a content strategy that will grow and retain an audience, and enhance the site’s reputation as a go-to for mobile gamers.
- Content creation: writing guides, features, reviews, and news stories
- Editorial planning, including spotting and exploring content opportunities
- Sub-editing the work of others, if required
- Conducting interviews
- Cultivating relationships with developers, publishers, PRs, etc.
- Attending events, trade shows, etc.
- Learning and working within guidelines for style, tone, and SEO
Required skills and experience:
- The ability to write brilliantly and quickly
- A keen interest in mobile gaming
- Experience writing and pitching articles
- Proficiency with basic working tools: docs, sheets, task management, etc.
- Proactivity, attention to detail, and excellent organisation
- Previous CMS experience
This is an entry-level position, but you’ll need to be able to show us that you’re engaged in the subject matter and have genuine journalistic ambitions. If you don’t have any other published work anywhere – even if it’s just your own blog – then this role isn’t for you.
If you think you’d be a great fit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Attach your CV, but be sure to use your covering email to explain why you’re well-suited to this role and what you’d bring to it.
Please also note that this role is based in our offices in Bath, unfortunately remote working is not possible.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE